It’s been more than 4 years since its initial release in 2017, but the battle royale game feels fresh out of the box. This can be heavily attributed to its consistent update and ever-refreshing new content being added to them every season.
Fortnite established itself as a casual, fun game, not focusing on hyper-realistic environments as a way to improve immersion. Fortnite had 10 million people playing the game in the first two weeks of its release. A year later, the game reached 125 million players worldwide.
The success of Fortnite since its launch could be attributed to the fact that it’s free to download, has great game mechanics, engaging gameplay, its cartoonish design, and most importantly, the developers doing an excellent job of introducing fresh content.
For players thinking about how many hours they’ve sunk into the battle royale title, do well to read through the quick guide that will be provided for every platform.
- How to Check Hours Spent Playing Fortnite on Epic (PC)
- How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on PS5
- How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on PS4
- How to View Hours Played or Playtime on Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch
- Alternative Ways to Find Out How Much Time Spent on Fortnite
- Wasted on the Fortnite website (WoF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Popular is Fortnite?
- What is the Oldest Season in Fortnite?
How to Check Hours Spent Playing Fortnite on Epic (PC)
This can be achieved using Epic Game Launcher. Moreover, Fortnite can only be played on a PC via the Epic Launcher application. The launcher provides a lot of information about Epic’s games, giving you an overview of all the games you’ve purchased.
To determine the amount of time you’ve spent enjoying Fortnite, follow these steps:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click Library in the menu to the left.
- Find Fortnite and click the three-dot menu underneath.
- To the right of You’ve Played, you will see the exact amount of time you’ve played Fortnite.
Depending on how long you’ve played, Epic Games may show you days rather than hours. If you want to know how many hours that is, multiply days by 24. For example, if you played Fortnite for 12 days total, that translates to 288 hours.
How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on PS5
Finding out the stats on Playstation poses greater difficulty compared to Pc. This is due to Sony not wanting to share many statistics with its users. Consequently, getting the total hours spent in the game can be challenging. This is what you can do to see the hours played on PS5.
- Select your Profile picture at the top right of the screen.
- Select the Profile option.
- Proceed to the Games tab.
- You should see all the games you own and the hours played on the right side of the screen.
How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on PS4
Viewing these statistics is quite difficult on PS4 compared to all the other consoles, even the PS5 makes it easier. The PS4 has the worst stats available to the user. Even with this shortcoming of the Sony Playstation, there are numerous ways to bypass this.
At times Sony implements a ‘wrap-up’ feature. This video can watch gives you some stats, like time played on big games, but this feature isn’t always running and might be hard to access.
Another way around this difficulty is to download the game on a PC and run through the same steps to check on a PC. This will only work when you run the game through an Epic Games account, not a PlayStation account.
Another method to check play time on PS4 is by checking the time shown in the “Save Files,” but not all games follow this. It isn’t easy to figure out your playtime on PS4, but there are some alternative methods and services that you can use.
How to View Hours Played or Playtime on Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
Finding out your total game time on Fortnite is pretty straightforward on Xbox. This is all you need to do:
- On your Xbox console, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Choose Game activity > All achievements.
- Select a game, in this case – Fortnite.
- Choose Stats.
- You should be able to see the hours played right away.
You can also access this information while on a PC
- Proceed to account.xbox.com and sign in to your Xbox account.
- Click on your gamerpic and then choose Xbox Profile > Achievements.
- Next, choose a game and select Achievements.
- Do remember that every game won’t be tracking this stat.
How to Check Time Wasted Playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch
Doing this is quite straightforward on a Nintendo Switch. Simply follow these procedures.
- Tap on your profile picture at the top left section of the screen.
- Next, on the Play Activity screen, scroll to the game of your choice and right under its name, there will be a “Played for X hours or more”. Although not entirely accurate, it will give you an idea of your time on a particular game.
Alternative Ways to Find Out How Much Time Spent on Fortnite
There are third-party websites that provide statistics on Fortnite, and some do a job of keeping track of players’ in-game statistics than Epic has done..
Websites like WoF, FortniteTracker, FortniteScout, and FortniteStats, to name but a few, offer a lot of relevant information that can easily rank all Fortnite players. This allows you to find your statistics easily. All it takes is entering your Epic Games username on the website.
Wasted on the Fortnite website (WoF)
Wof.gg is a website that uses similar technology to Fortnite trackers to track how much time you spend on the game. It is a Fortnite hours tracker.
As a note of warning the site may be inconsistent. Some users can’t access their data while others can.
To access the time spent on Fortnite all you need to do is follow these very simple steps.
- Step 1. Open Wasted on Fortnite (wof.gg)
- Step 2. Navigate down on the page and enter your Epic Games username.
- Step 4: Click on “How much time I wasted on Fortnite?”.
- Step 5: You will be redirected to another page, where it will show the details of your logged-on minutes, hours, and days.
You can also look at the stats of other players, so you might get an idea of the average time spent on Fortnite.
When you look at the standings table, you can see how many kills, wins, and game matches a certain player has reached. It also provides a total score for that player and performance statistics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Popular is Fortnite?
The majority of people play Fortnite every day, meaning it’s up there among the most-played games in the world.
Statistics show that between 2.9 and 4 million people are playing Fortnite simultaneously (just over 3 million at the time of writing). This means that even in 2022, millions of people are logging in daily.
What is the Oldest Season in Fortnite?
Season 1 of Fortnite was only the beginning. Each Fortnite season has a theme and a bit of mythology to figure out along the way. Recent seasons have even featured subtitles that explained the concept, such as “Primal” in Chapter 2 of Season 6.